Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big City #2...or is it 3 or 4?

When I went on study abroad in London this past fall, one of the things I was most excited for was finding out what it was like to live in a big city. I had a feeling I was going to love it, and love it I did. Every minute of it. Now I sit at a computer screen in Washington, D.C., yet another big city, thinking about how much I do love living in places like this, and feeling glad that I am lucky enough to do this again, for a second time. Then I realized that technically speaking, I was born in a pretty big city, and the city I have spent more than half my life in isn't one I would exactly call small, either. D.C. may not be my second big city after all. So perhaps my vague pre-London feeling that I was going to like big cities came more from experience than intuition than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget another big city in which you lived -- Seoul. =)

    ReplyDelete